Crusader Kings II is a grand strategy game (it was released in 2012), which takes place between 1066 and 1453, and the player assumes the role of a ruler, wishing to develop his kingdom. Subsequent expansions to the game significantly increase the player’s capabilities, including changing the campaign years – you can start from 867 or 769. In the game, the task of the user is to manage the kingdom and to provide future generations with a worthy heritage.
Crusader Kings II gives you the opportunity to play in multiplayer mode for up to 32 players. The title is a continuation of the 2004 Crusader Kings. The game is available for download in several language versions.
How to Download Crusader Kings II
To download Crusader Kings II, click on the Download button at the end of the review.
Each character in the game has their own personality and ambitions. There is also a court spy character that appears in the game. Thanks to the information obtained from the spy, you can prevent intrigues and convict the guilty to death. During the play, the player can declare war and even appoint an antipope. The game is played until 1453 or the end of the ruling dynasty, which happens if your monarch is not shrewd enough to have offspring.
Entering into alliances through marriages, you expand the area of y our influence. But it is also worth paying attention to personality traits of future spouses, because these are transferred to children, and you want the descendants of your dynasty to have only desirable personality traits. Sometimes this leads to conflict and dilemmas – is it better to bet on a good alliance or a bad alliance, but have wise children?
The Game Expansions
It is worth noting that the game developers have released over a dozen of expansion packs that add new content to the game. They are:
- Sword of Islam (2012) allows for the management of Muslim countries and the inclusion of their culture (eg polygamy),
- Legacy of Rome (2012) extends the aspects of the Orthodox countries,
- Sunset Invasion (2012) has added the invasion of pre-Columbian civilizations,
- The Republic (2013) gave the opportunity to play with the merchant republics of Italy and the Baltic Sea,
- The Old Gods (2013) allows you to control other pagan countries and play from 867 onwards
- Sons of Abraham (2013) adds more content as far as the Christian, Muslim and Jewish faiths are concerned,
- Rajas of India (2014) extends the game map to include the territories of Eastern Persia and India,
- Charlemagne (2014) improves the regency system and weather, as well as allows to play since 769,
- Way of Life (2014) allows the player to have a greater impact on the events in the game,
- Horse Lords (2015) introduces the nomads from the Eurasian steppes,
- Conclave (2016) gives more ways to interact with the vassals, gives power to the council and makes changes to the children system
- The Reaper’s Due (2016) improves the mechanism of epidemics,
- Monks and Mystics (2017) introduces religious orders, forbidden cults or heretical Gnostic movements.
- Jade Dragon (2017) – adds interactions with China, new Chinese artifacts, new Casus Bellis and Rally Points.
The producer of the game (Paradox Interactive) simultaneously released many extensions of Crusader Kings II, which introduce new portraits, crests, and music.
It is worth noting that there is a special mod which allows you to convert Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV. This lets you continue the game after 1453. Crusader Kings II has very been highly rated by its players.