Puzzle games are a genre of computer games in which the player, in order to progress has, to use his or her ability of logical thinking. The puzzles that you find in these types of games may also require the use of your strategic abilities, as well as the ability to recall characters, words, or shapes and combine them in special sequences. Experience and knowledge are also an asset, especially in quizzes.
Types of Puzzle Games
- Card games – these can be complicated games like bridge or ones with simpler rules (like poker) in which you can find many strategic elements.
- Escape games – a genre of puzzle games where the player is forced to click on certain items to escape from a given room, house or location. Escape games may contain horror elements.
- Match 3 – this is a very popular type of logic game. The player’s task here is usually to get rid of similar shapes from the board, and this can be achieved by combining similar items in a row – at least 3 of the same kind. This type of game is especially loved by women players.
- Jigsaw puzzles are a great entertainment mainly for younger players, but also the very experienced can find something interesting here. The task of the user is to recreate an image from many scattered pieces of the puzzle.
- Traditional board games like Chess, checkers, or Go.
- Mahjong Games – Mahjong is fun for the more advanced players. The player usually has to clear the board removing all blocks. To do this, it must delete the items in pairs of the same type.
- Hidden Objects – casual games aimed at women, where the player’s job is to find the right items in the jumble of many other items on the screen. These games are often enriched with a storyline.
- Quizzes – the games that test a player’s knowledge, either in a chosen field or in general.