Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is a turn-based strategy game from Firaxis Games and it’s available for direct download. During the game, the player has the chance to rule his or her own empire and build it from antiquity to modern times. The basic task is to lead your empire better than the rivals on the world’s map. This installment of the famous series has been improved with new, better graphics and innovative possibilities of interaction with the game world have been also added. In the game, you have to take into account many factors: the expansion of new territories, the development of science, or … the fulfillment of political programs!
How to Download Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
To download Sid Meier’s Civilization VI simply click on the Download button at the end of the review.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall is the first official expansion to the game. It was released on February 8, 2018. Rise and Fall contains new features, civilizations, and new leaders. The add-on can also be downloaded from the Steam platform.
The Rules of the Game and What’s New in Version 6
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is a strategic turn-based game that lets you have good fun. Both the new players and the seasoned veterans will enjoy the game in equal measure. A tutorial has been created for the new players, which serves as an extensive compendium of knowledge. At the beginning of the game, you choose one of the available civilizations, and then you lead it to glory and splendor.
This part of the series differs from its predecessors primarily by the way your city-state develops. From now on it lies on more than one map field and the player can decide where to place the new districts. Locating districts is a great innovation in the game, and the decision of where to start building a shopping district, for example, has a real impact on the gameplay. You need to keep in mind the bonuses offered by neighboring areas, the future planned development of the zone, and the geological conditions. A commercial zone located near the water will give more profit, while the university must be located near the campus – in other words, the player should know at the beginning of the game what they will build in a few thousand years!
In the game, you can win in one of five ways:
- according to the number of points scored – if none of the players reaches domination in any of the following areas until 2050 (or 500 turns), the game selects the winner, counting the points scored in various categories;
- by military domination – the player must deprive other participants of their capital;
- by scientific domination – this is the longest method, it consists in achieving one of three achievements: flight to Mars, establishing a colony there or launching a satellite into space;
- by means of culture domination – it is measured by the number of tourists visiting the country;
- through religious domination – in order to win, one should spread the chosen religion so that the majority of the world’s inhabitants (also in the states of other players) adhere to it.
Some changes were also introduced in the technology development system. The devs have added minor missions and bonuses which are received during the improvement of individual skill trees.
Thanks to the improvements in artificial intelligence, the computer rivals ruling hostile empires have certain behavior patterns that are used in response to what the player does. These behaviors are assigned to them randomly, and consequently, it is impossible to predict their movement. An important change also applies to your soldiers: you can combine military units with each other, and also protect civilians.
In Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, it is possible to play against virtual opponents or against your friends on a shared computer or online. It can be a competition but also a cooperation.