WinToFlash Lite is a downloadable program that will allow you to install an operating system directly from a USB pendrive, external hard drive or from a memory card. In this way, you will create an installer of any system with all its goodies. WinToFlash is designed to run on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
How to Download WinToFlash Lite
To download the free version of WinToFlash click on the Download button at the end of the review. There are also other versions of the program, namely:
- WinToFlash Home,
- WinToFlash Professional,
- and WinToFlash Business.
If you need it, a Portable version is also available. If on the other hand, you need an alternative to this program, it is worth reaching out the free application called Rufus.
How to Use The program
The program includes two modes of operation, which are respectively for beginners (Wizard mode) and for the more advanced user (Advanced mode). The advantages of the program include:
- a convenient and easy-to-use wizard (for creating a bootable USB),
- WinPE transfer support,
- ability to completely erase data from a USB stick.
The program is intended mainly for people who do not have their own CD and DVD reader. Please note that WinToFlash Lite is a free program for non-commercial purposes. The program also reads media in such formats as ARJ, ZIP, 7z, CAB, ISO, RAR, or DMG. In addition, the program allows you to format the media to a file system such as FAT32 or FAT16.
A common situation is the lack of an optical drive installed in modern portable computers. For this reason, it is necessary to install the operating system on a memory card or on a USB flash drive (memory stick). WinToFlash Lite also allows you to create an emergency pendrive to load the system in the event of errors.
In subsequent versions of WinToFlash, many new features have been added such as:
- an ability to download an ISO image directly to the program environment,
- an improved “Add item” dialog box in the Multiboot USB profile,
- the Bootable USB Test component has become a part of WinToFlash,
- added more data such as partition structure, CHS rules or file type,
- the parameters for the Master Boot Record and File System are opened in separate windows,
- a new USB-HDD / 256 partition scheme with the ability to support BIOS and UEFI,
- CHS rules have been updated (thanks to which they can be used with new HDD+ modes).
The program is easy to use. Just unpack the file, connect the USB drive, and then insert the Windows CD and choose one of the available options. An important thing is that the WinToFlash has an easy-to-use interface. The media creation wizard is also convenient and allows users to go through all the steps without any problems. Due to the fact that the program is commissioned for non-commercial use, small ads appear in an additional window.
The first launch of the program requires acceptance of the terms and condition. The installer also wants to get permission to send information about the USB device to the manufacturer (although this is not required for the correct operation of the program).