Grand Theft Auto IV is the eighth edition of the best-selling series of gangster adventures. In this part, you again visit the fictional Liberty City, which is supposed to resemble New York. The studio responsible for the production of the game, just like it was the case in the previous parts is the famous Rockstar Games. The company has created also such hits as Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne, Bully or Manhunt. GTA IV was released on December 2, 2008, and is available on PCs and PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.
Download GTA IV
To download GTA IV, visit Steam. If you do not like the title, you can always return it, so there is no risk. One condition – the return of the downloaded files should be made within two weeks and at the same time you are not allowed to play the game for more than two hours. To start the download, click on the Download button at the end of the review.
The Game Plot
The game’s setting is known from GTA: Liberty City Stories which was released three years earlier. In this part of the series, you will play as Niko Bellic, a gangster from Eastern Europe, who, deluded by the stories of his cousin, goes to the Yankee homeland. It quickly turns out that reality is painted in completely different colors than those in which Roman described it. He does not have two wives, villas and sports car collections. Instead, he has a peculiar ability to get into trouble and it’s always up to you to get him out of it. At first, Roman is your only client. He introduces you to other gangsters who, as we progress, give you more tasks and become your superiors.
The Game Mechanics
Grand Theft Auto IV is a third-person action game. The GTA series has always set the standard for the genre and this is also the case here. Your character can move around a huge open world, which looks pretty much like New York, where even the equivalents of the famous New York buildings can be found. With your own eyes, you will be able to see such objects as the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge or the Empire State Building. The game area has been divided into several districts, which you unlock as you progress. They are Broker, Algonquin, Dukes, Bohan, and Alderney. In addition to the standard shooting and stealing cars, you will be able to perform a number of other gangster activities. The developers have introduced a phone to the game, with which you accept most of the orders.
The Graphics and the Technical Aspects
In GTA IV, advanced graphics effects were achieved thanks to the Rockstar proprietary RAGE (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine). However, an additional Euphoria module is responsible for the physics, which for the first time in the series were so complex. The game really makes an impression and stands out from other games in the GTA series. In the previous titles, humor mixed with the grotesque. GTA IV is by far the most serious and darkest installment of the franchise.
The GTA series includes a dozen of titles. These are:
- Grand Theft Auto – an action game in the open world with a view from above, released in 1997.
- Grand Theft Auto: London 1969 – a mission pack, released in 1999.
- Grand Theft Auto: London 1961 – another mission pack, which appeared in the same year.
- Grand Theft Auto 2 – once again, the game in the open world was observed from the top. The title was also released in 1999.
- Grand Theft Auto III has entered three dimensions. The game was released in 2001.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was released in 2002.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appeared in 2004.
- Grand Theft Auto Advance is a GTA title created specifically for the Game Boy Advance platform. It was released in 2004.
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories appeared in 2005, the title was not available for PCs.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories appeared in 2006. This game also did not appear in the PC version.
- Grand Theft Auto IV was released in 2008.
- Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned was a 2010 GTA IV add-on
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars – was a game for mobile devices released in 2009.
- Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony was the second add-on for GTA IV. Released in 2009.
- Grand Theft Auto V appeared on the market in 2013.
- Grand Theft Auto Online also debuted in 2013.