Borderlands 2 is the downloadable second part of the game by Gearbox Software (the first Borderlands was released in 2009). The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world and features comic-book graphics. It combines the elements of two game genres FPS and RPG.
In the game, you choose one of five character classes. Each of them has unique skills that are slightly different from those presented in the first installment of Borderlands. To the delight of the fans of the first game, the original heroes: Mordecai, Lilith, Roland, and Brick have not been set aside and forgotten. Now they play the roles of NPCs in the Pandora world. Now they are quest givers.
How to Download Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 can be downloaded directly from the Steam platform. To start the download, click on the Download button at the end of this review.
The New Heroes
The characters that you can choose to play are:
- Maya – the Sire with Phaselock ability, which allows her to close an opponent in a bubble that moves him to another dimension, which allows her to prevent the target from fighting for precious few seconds. This ability can have a decisive impact on the development and the outcome of a battle.
- Salvador – he uses two weapons to fight. He is a crazy gunslinger who fires a hail of bullets
- Axton – a born soldier. His specialty is rifles and shotguns. His class skill, however, is the ability to set up a shooting turret, which fires at the enemies in the vicinity
- Zer0 –is an assassin who uses holograms, thus diverting the attention of enemies for a few seconds, which allows him to find a convenient position to eliminate the enemy. His specialty is sniper rifles.
- Gaige – a female Mechromancer who specializes in natural disarmament. If cornered, she can summon a combat robot that can support it if necessary, wreaking havoc on enemies.
- Krieg – a specialist in all sorts of explosive weapons. A butcher, whose outrage results in him putting aside his firearms and reaching for a two-handed ax. Thanks to this weapon, he receives a 500% bonus for melee damage. A piece of advice for Krieg’s opponents – it is better not to mess with him when he is furious.
How to Play Borderlands 2
The main feature of the game in which the players have fallen in love from the beginning is the ability to modify the weapon. These can be constructed from dozens of different parts, which guarantees the originality of each produced gun and the kind of damage it inflicts.
In the course of the game, the players develop the skills of their character, making them stronger and stronger. It is a well-known aspect of RPG games. This time it is integrated into what is basically a first-person shooter.
In Borderlands 2, you also have a variety of cars in which you can explore the world of Pandora, doing side quests along the way. Gearbox Software, in addition to having designed an interesting campaign, strongly focused on the co-op mode. It allows you to overcome groups of opponents with your friends. Such teams can consist of up to four players.
It’s good to think about choosing the right character class. Each of them guarantees good fun for several hours and unforgettable moments with your friends in the world of Pandora, but each plays out in a completely different way. Choose wisely.