Left 4 Dead 2 is a downloadable first-person shooter and a survival horror computer game. It was produced by Valve South and released in 2009 by Valve Corporation. The setting of the game, as in the previous part of Left 4 Dead, is a world where zombies have taken over. You play, controlling one of the four characters and cooperating with other players. You try to break through the hordes of the dead and reach the evacuation point. The game is available for PC and Xbox 360 platforms.
Download Left 4 Dead 2
Left 4 Dead 2 is available for download from the Steam platform. If it turns out that after having downloaded the game you don’t like it, Steam allows you to return it. This should be done within two weeks of purchase. The condition – you cannot play this shooter for more than two hours. To start the download, click on the Download button at the end of our review.
In Left 4 Dead 2 you play in a post-apocalyptic world. An unidentified illness (dubbed Green Flu) has infected people and turned them into zombies. You control one of the four available characters who are immune to the virus. The rest of your team is controlled by other players or by the AI.
The game contains a total of 12 campaigns, and each of them has three, four or five stages. Between the stages, you can find safe haven in hiding place and the infected cannot access them. You will find there more equipment and some first aid kits.
With a weapon in your hand, you start exterminating the zombies – this is how we can describe the gameplay in a nutshell. You have a wide range of deadly gadgets to choose from. Over time, you will gain access to even more destruction tools. The ability to play in a team is very important during the game.
The Characters in Left 4 Dead 2
There are four characters to choose from:
- Ellis – the youngest in the group, a car mechanic and an incurable optimist.
- Coach – the oldest member of the group, a football coach before the zombie apocalypse.
- Nick – a compulsive gambler with a dark and brutal past.
- Rochelle – a young journalist who wears a pink T-shirt with Depeche Mode logo.
Artificial intelligence is quite smart and adapts to what the player does. In addition to the usual zombies, there are also less frequently encountered more demanding opponents:
- Boomer – one very fat zombie, whose specialty is vomiting on the heroes of the game, and this attracts a horde of dead people.
- Hunter – a very agile zombie wearing a hoodie. He can move fast and jump from high buildings, preferably on the heads of the characters.
- Smoker – has a long language that can attract and overpower his victim.
- Tank – the most powerful and a very rare zombie. It appears only a few times in the campaign. Throws pieces of concrete torn out of the street or other objects like cars.
- Witch – a crying woman, if disturbed worried by a player, she can kill him or her in a few seconds.
- Charger – a man with a huge right shoulder, like to crash into the group of players
- Jockey – a man who jumps on the heads of the characters and tries to separate them from the group.
- Spitter – a woman who spits caustic acid from a distance. The puddle of acid makes life quite difficult for the players.