Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 is the fourth game of the established series of horror games by Scott Cawthon. It was released on July 23, 2015. Just like in all the previous games, to win we need to survive five (and more!) nights facing terrifying and deadly animatronics.
Download Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
You can get the game from Steam. Click on the Download button.
There are different speculations on the chronology of the titles in the series but it is generally considered that the fourth game is, in fact, the first. This is so because it’s so different in so many aspects. We do not play in a restaurant or not even in a house of horror. We do not even play as a night guard. In this game, the setting is a frightened child’s room and the protagonist – the kid who has a sleepless night.
We do not sit in front of the security monitors. Instead, we have to move inside the room and check all the locations: the room, the far end of the room, the wardrobe, the left, and the right corridor. The only item we have is a flashlight and the ability to close doors. Our most important sense which will let us live is hearing. With it, we can determine where the danger comes from.
Just like in Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 between the nights there are mini-games which reveal new parts of the story of the protagonist and his place in the events of the whole series. Unlike in the 1-3 games, there are not five but eight nights to survive.
The Plush Toys from the Nightmares
Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 is the only game where we don’t face the real living animatronics that can harm the character physically. This time we’re against… nightmares. The threat is posed by plush toys counterparts from a bad dream.
In this last chapter of the original story, we need to face the nightmarish Freddy, Chica, Bonnie and Foxy and a few new characters as well. Each of them functions in a slightly different manner:
- Nightmare Freddy appears when three miniature versions of the animatronic are not repelled from the bed in time with a flashlight.
- Nightmare Chica appears almost always in the right corridor. If it is at its far end, the flashlight will be enough to scare it off, But if it is close enough for us to hear its breath, only closing the door for five seconds will work. The flashlight will only infuriate it then and make it attack.
- The behavior of Nightmare Bonnie copies that of Chica, with the difference that it approaches the child from the left corridor
- Nightmare Foxy appears during the third night, although some rare cases of it attacking during the second night have been noted. It can come from both of the corridors. If it is not repelled, it can reach the wardrobe, where it can be scared off only by means of the flashlight.
Besides the four basic animatronics, there are three new types:
- Nightmare Fredbear is one of them. It resembles Freddy but it is much harder to beat. It’s the only one to appear during the fifth and the sixth nights after 4 am. It can come from every corridor and trying to use the flashlight on him will cause him to attack quicker. It can only be stopped by the closed door. If it makes it to the room, it can appear on the bed, where this time we can repel him with the flashlight. It can also appear in the wardrobe where we can simply close it.
- The more aggressive versions of Nightmare Fredbear is the black animatronic Nightmare.
- The last of them is Plushtrap, which is a smaller version of Springtrap from the previous game. It can be seen in mini-games between the nights.
Sometimes the nightmares can be more frightening than the real deal. Especially when you are a small helpless child. Will you be able to defend against them until morning?